Saturday, November 5, 2011

First Time to Use Acrylic


I had fun painting and chatting with my sister today. It was actually my first time to use the acrylic as a medium for painting. I’ve always thought about using it before, but I didn’t try. It was expensive, I thought. There will come a time when I will be able to use it and so it came. The painting is for my Humanities subject, a very interesting and fascinating subject.
I was excited when our Humanities professor, Ma’am Palmea told the class that we would be painting. I suggested using canvas – since I haven’t once used that kind of material before – to try something new. The class agreed. I have no idea how much the price would be but I know that I would definitely buy them against all odds. 

Days went on and I still haven’t thought of a subject. What should I be painting about? I had thought of dozens of things – a night sky full of stars or lanterns,  a tree, a waterfalls, etc. Until finally when my family visited our hometowns in Pangasinan, I saw something that caught my eye. “Captivate” was the very word that came to me. It was only for a second that I saw the view for we were riding our car that time and this very picturesque never left my head. I sketch it, drew it, until I finally got the very concept I want to use. 

I already have my subject. So how do I paint it? I have no idea how to use acrylic pigment. I searched the net for techniques that I can use just before we started painting. I realized while watching that I should have tried using it a long time ago. It’s as if I missed a time of my life. But it’s not too late, right? I have my free time to improve this skill. I will definitely give my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment