Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dream on, silly girl

At this very moment, I am listening to Hazel Faith’s cover of one of my favorite songs, The Only Exception, by one of my favorite bands, Paramore. Hazel Faith Dela Cruz is one of the luckiest Mapuan I have ever known in my stay, so far, in MIT. Besides being chosen as one of the cast of the internationally-known tv show, Glee, she is the youngest member of C-major and the band Climate Change. She is a believer, a person who offers everything she does to God. I can say that she is an epitome of beauty, inside and out.

As the video buffers because of the slow internet connection, I repeat the song over and over again, tirelessly listening to an angelic voice I know not the origin. And as I listen to how she sings, I thought to myself, “Wouldn’t it be nice if I were like her?” I will be posting my videos in Youtube and sing my heart out. Then, as my video increases, I will be discovered. And I could be just like Charice. I will make my own songs and produce my own album and people will idolize me. It will be one heck of a fantastic yet difficult life.

I will be posting videos for my fans and they will follow my posts and so on. I’ll be free no more. I’ll be eating on expensive restaurants and my fans will be outside or maybe inside to have my autograph. Silly me for having my train of thoughts circled on stardom. Well, it was once my dream.

Unfortunately, I’m only imagining those things; they’re fictitious. I have to go back to reality, my reality. I have tons still to finish. With a relationship to balance with my everyday life, schoolwork, and, of course, my family, shining brighter than anyone is but a castle in the air, a mere fantasy.

And I just began wondering…How do famous people live?

No comments:

Post a Comment